12 August 2008

2008 Beijing Olympics - Opening Ceremony

Internationally acclaimed filmmaker Zhang Yimou was the director for the 2008 Beijing Olympics ceremonial opening. Below, in 10 parts, is the entire artistic portion of the ceremonial opening followed by the lighting of the torch in part 11. Enjoy the show... I sure did!!



Part One - The Countdown


Part Two - Drummers


Part Three - Olympic Rings


Part Four - Paper and the Scroll


Part Five - Type Set


Part Six - Silk


Part Seven - Compass & Chinese Opera


Part Eight - Lang Lang


Part Nine - Tai Chi


Part Ten - One World


Part Eleven - Lighting the Olympic Torch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i absolutely adore all your posting taste, very attractive,
don't give up and keep creating for the simple reason that it simply just good worth to follow it.
excited to look over a lot more of your current posts, good bye ;)

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.