20 May 2010

Langkawi Revisited 20 May 2010


I approached the beach walking through the rainforest jungle that blankets the foot of the mountain.

I could just make out the Andaman Sea and beyond Thailand. I was getting excited. I hadn't been back here in 12 years.


There's the sea and Thailand beyond. I smiled and waved frantically at the nice people who live there. I hope they saw me. 12 years ago I used to lay under this tree, look out to the sea, and dream.
The little shelter is also still there. A bit run-down but still a nice place to sit and look out over the water and a beautiful country beyond.
I designed this pool and it was built 12 years ago. I was the first person to swim in it. It was about 10:00pm and it was just me and the flying foxes gliding from tree to tree. The stars were out. It was a nice evening.
This is the swimming pool on the edge of the beach with the jungle overtaking it. It was the first swimming pool I designed.
After 12 years the pool is looking more natural... the trees taking over... it is still peaceful.

No comments: